Thursday 30 November 2017

Getting most of anything

Sadguru Mata Ji is here in NY/NJ today. We got opportunity to attend live satsang of 2 hours via Internet also.
One of the Vichars was by Rev Wahi Ji that triggered something in me. He was mentioning about Shahanshah Ji who once asked to devotees,"What a sadguru gives to desciple when He(Sadguru) is happy?"
Someone answered money and some said marriage, property, job or other sundry things of life. Then all requested Him to answer. Shahanshah Ji said,"When Sadguru is happy he gives opportunity to do sewa".
Hearing this I slipped into deep pondering and introspection with Q and A session inside.
How to know I have made my Guru happy?
Well, if  I am doing sewa, that means the Guru is happy with me.
Ok, How to make sure if I am doing sewa? Will I get any order from him verbally, in dream or through some saints?
May be or may be not. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
...but I have to make sure I am always in Sewa. Not that sometimes I am in it and sometimes not, despite willing to do sewa.
Well, If I always look for commandments from outside then i am not at peace inside. If I am connected with my Guru from inside then outside commandments should not be necessary.
Ok, then I need to understand what is Sewa. Per definition anything that is done selflessly is called sewa. and Anything means, just 'A N Y T H I N G' literally. Ranging from duties assigned by Sadguru, saints, directly, indirectly, at bhawan, langar, kitchen, home, office, playground, shops, malls anywhere and anything: with just one condition - it is done without ANYTHING in return, just for the joy out of it.
So, if I am able to do this all the time, it means I am doing sewa - all the time and it ultimately means my Sadguru is happy with me, happily with me and that too - ALL THE TIME.
Side benefits: All benefits that we get from sewa: no tiredness, uplifted mood, karmic cleansing and many more.

No comments: